The integration with Booking.com is a two-way synchronization, therefore, you'll be able to keep the calendar of your website up to date by importing reservations and synchronizing availability as well as exporting your rates from Lodgify to Booking.com.
Conditions to connect to Booking.com
Before setting up the connection with Booking.com, you should be aware of certain conditions/settings in order to make the connection work well for you.
- Lodgify can only be connected to Booking.com if you accept credit card payments (Stripe, Lodgify Payments, Authorize.Net or Braintree). Find out how to accept credit card payments.
- Lodgify can only connect with one single rate in Booking.com. So, if you have more than one rate in Booking.com (standard, not refundable or special rates), you need to decide on one rate type in Booking.com to be connected with Lodgify. After the connection is established, all the other rates will be disabled, so you won't be able to receive any bookings for those rates.
💡 Note: If you create a new rate or re-activate a rate which is not synchronized with Lodgify, you will risk receiving overbookings, because Lodgify won't be able to update the availability for those rates which are not mapped.
- Once the connection is active you will need to manage the calendar availability of Booking.com in Lodgify. This means that if you wish to create a manual booking or a closed period, you will be obliged to create it directly in Lodgify. It will then be imported automatically into Booking.com.
How to connect Lodgify to Booking.com
To set up the connection between Lodgify and Booking.com you'll need to follow the steps below, and contact us once completed.
💡 Note: If you don't have a Booking.com account yet, create one following this link.
- Activate a credit card gateway such as Stripe, Lodgify Payments, Braintree or Authorize.Net in Lodgify. For more details on how to activate credit card payments, follow the instructions in this article. If you already accept credit card payments, move on to the next step.
- Activation: To enable the synchronization, please log into your Booking.com extranet, click on Property Info or Account and then on Channel Manager
In the drop-down menu, please select Lodgify and accept the agreement.
💡Note: If Lodgify isn't listed among the available PMS, please contact your Account Manager at Booking.com to establish that for you.
- Mapping: Specify how your properties/room types on Booking.com correspond to those of your Lodgify account and which rates you would like to synchronize. Just download this Excel file and fill in the required information.
💡Note: It is not possible to connect one property from Booking.com to several properties/room types on Lodgify or vice versa. You need to create the same number of properties/room types in both channels.
Example: Property A (name and ID) in Booking.com ➡️ Property A in Lodgify
- Rates: In case you have more than one rate set up in Booking.com, indicate which one you would like us to send the Lodgify rates to (the other rates will be inactive).
- Markup: If you prefer to sell your property at a higher price on Booking.com than on your Lodgify website you can add an extra percentage when transferring your rates from Lodgify to Booking.com.
Example: Property A in Lodgify $100 ➡️ Property A in Booking.com $100 + 12% markup
When you're done, make sure to send us the file and we will set the connection up for you. You will then receive a confirmation email from Booking.com asking to accept the synchronization - once that's done the procedure will be completed.
In the tables below you will see the type of import/export which will be done between Lodgify and Booking.com regarding rates, availabilities, and reservations.
|Policies (reservation deposit, damage deposit, and cancellation policies)||❌||Need to be set up in Booking.com.|
|Default and season rates||✔️||
Default and season rates will be exported to Booking.com. But you need to decide on one rate type in Booking.com (standard, not refundable or special rates). Please ensure that the currency settings in Lodgify and Booking.com are the same.
|Extra charge per guest - default rate||✔️||Needs to be set up in Lodgify.|
|Extra charge per guest - season rate||❌||The extra charge of the default rate will be applied to all season rates.|
|Minimum stay - default and season rates||✔️||Need to be set up in Lodgify.|
|Fees and taxes||✔️||
Fees and taxes will only be sent to Booking.com if set as a % in Lodgify.
💡 Note: Additional restrictions added to a fee, namely applying the fee only when the stay is too short, are not sent to Airbnb.
|Fixed check-in and check-out days||✔️||Need to be set up in Lodgify.|
|Cleaning charges||❌||Need to be set up manually in Booking.com.|
|Extra fees for short stays||❌||Need to be set up manually in Booking.com.|
|Any fixed fees per stay||❌||Need to be set up manually in Booking.com.|
|Current availability||✔️||18 months of availability will be synchronized.|
|Closed periods||✔️||Closed periods need to be created in Lodgify as they won't be imported.|
|Existing reservations||✔️||Reservations from the past are not imported.|
|Future reservations||✔️||Reservations from the past are not imported.|
(creation date, stay dates, property name and facilities, price details, meal plan, number of guests)
|✔️||To see reservation details go to the booking box and to External Link and click the link View details.
💡 Note: No reservation details will be sent from Lodgify to Booking.com.
|Credit card details||✔️||Credit card details can only be imported if you accept credit card payments in Lodgify. Depending on the payment method you have activated in your Booking.com account, the credit card details imported are the original ones or of a Virtual Credit Card (VCC). Learn more about how to charge Booking.com reservations in Lodgify.|
|Guest details||✔️||Name, booking.com alias email address, phone, location, and language will be imported.|
|Changes in reservations (cancellations, date changes, etc.)||✔️||Imported reservations can only be edited in Booking.com directly. Any changes made in Booking.com will be shown in red in the reservation details in Lodgify.|
|Multi-Room bookings||✔️||If a reservation contains multiple rooms with different dates, a separate reservation will be created for each room.|
|Existing and new messages||❌||Messages that guests send in Booking.com will not be recorded in Lodgify so always check directly for new messages.
💡Note: For bookings imported automatically via API (not from the initial bulk import during connection setup), the guest's alias email address from the booking will be imported into Lodgify. We will send a booking reminder 2 days before the booking and one review request 2 days after the stay. In case the guest replies to one of these emails directly, they will appear in your Lodgify messages.
|Payments||✔️||Payments for imported Booking.com reservations can be handled in Lodgify if you accept credit card payments in Lodgify and Booking.com. Learn more about how to charge Booking.com reservations in Lodgify.|
💡 Note: Once the connection is established you can see the mapping and the applied markup.