If you are importing reservations from Booking.com into Lodgify via the Channel Manager, you can charge your guest's credit card for these bookings securely and directly in Lodgify with just one click. This functionality is only available if you accept credit card payments via Lodgify Payments, Stripe, Braintree or Authorize.Net, and have a credit card activated in your Booking.com account. The option to charge your Booking.com reservations in Lodgify comes at no extra cost (only the standard credit card fees apply) and you will not need a physical POS (Point of sale) terminal anymore. To activate this feature please get in touch with us.
💡 Note: As long as your active payment type in booking.com is Payments by Booking (Bank Transfer), you cannot collect payments in Lodgify. For more details see the Booking.com payment conditions below.
Charge a reservation in Lodgify
Once the feature is activated you can charge Booking.com reservations by following these steps:
💡 Note: Only bookings that are imported from Booking.com after the feature has been enabled can be charged directly in Lodgify.
- Go to Menu and select Reservations.
- Enter the reservation that was imported from Booking.com. In the blue notification at the top click Charge guest's card.
- A slide-in window appears where you can insert the amount you want to charge and can see the policy associated with the booking. This should help you to charge the guest according to the defined policy. Then click Confirm.
💡 Note: The maximum amount that can be charged is the total booking value.
- You can now see the amount charged in your Transactions box. Once the total booking value has been charged, the Charge guest's card option will disappear.
Booking.com payment conditions
As each reservation from Booking.com is tied to Booking.com's payment and policy settings, you will see that the charging process of the reservation in Lodgify differs depending on your payment type in Booking.com. Lodgify recommends all users to activate Original Credit Card to be requested for all their bookings in their Booking.com account as it optimizes charges and comes at no extra cost.
|Booking.com payment type is...||then...|
Original Credit Card ⭐recommended
💡 Note: If Booking.com authorizes you to receive payments directly, you can activate this option in your Booking.com extranet
the guest's original credit card information will be attached to all new reservations imported into Lodgify.
💡 Note: You will always be able to charge the entire booking amount through Lodgify even for partially refundable bookings, and no policy restrictions will apply. Nevertheless, you should stick to the policy applied in Booking.com.
Virtual Credit Card (VCC)
💡 Note: Booking.com charges an extra 2-3% commission on VCC payments independent if this payment is handled in Lodgify or Booking.com.
Booking.com will attach a Virtual Credit Card (VCC) to all new reservations imported into Lodgify. Depending on your policy in Booking.com, charge restrictions might apply:
💡 Note: Tax and Service Fees must also be charged according to the defined policy.
|Payments by Booking (Bank Transfer)||
Booking.com collects the payment directly from the guest and you cannot use Lodgify's Charge Credit Card feature.
You will need to contact your Booking.com account manager and request for one of the above payment options to be activated.
What to do if the payment fails?
In case a transaction fails, e.g. because the guest provided an invalid credit card, you will see this information in the booking's Transactions box.
When this happens, you can always send a payment request to your users by following these steps:
- Go to Transactions and click on the pencil icon.
- Then click Send payment request.
- A slide-in window appears where you can select the amount that you want to request. Your guest will receive an email notification about the payment request and will be able to pay directly through your website.