A quote allows you to add prices, rental agreements, and policies to a booking. You can add one or more quotes to a booking after it has been created. This could be ideal when your guest wants to compare options, for example for different dates.
Add a quote to an existing booking
If you have created a booking without a quote, you can add one later. Quotes can be added either in the Reservation System or the Calendar.
|In the Reservation System||
|In the Calendar||
- A slider appears where you need to fill in the Booking details and then click Next.
- Now review the price details and add-ons, or use the Edit button if you want to add a promotion or an additional fee. Then click Next.
- Choose if you want to activate the Policy Workflow and select a policy, then click Save.
- A new window appears. Edit the email template if needed and click Send.
The booking now contains a quote. If you want to add a new one or an additional one for the guest to compare, go to the Quote box and click on the three dots in the top right corner. Then select Add new Quote and follow the steps described above.
Select the primary quote of a booking
If you send more than one quote to a guest, the latest one by default becomes the primary one. To change the primary quote follow these steps:
- Go to your Main Menu in the top left corner and select Reservations.
- Select the booking where you want to change the primary quote. The primary quote shows the complete details of the booking, while the secondary ones only show the quote numbers, price and quote status.
- Go to Other Quotes and select the one you want to make the primary one.
- A slider appears with the quote details. Now click Set Quote as primary.
💡 Note: You may have sent various quotes to the guest. Once the primary quote has the quote status Agreed, the secondary quotes will automatically become inactive.