If you are new to Lodgify or if you have just created a new rental in Airbnb, you can import it directly into Lodgify without filling in all the information from scratch. It only takes four simple steps to connect your Lodgify accounts to Airbnb and import the crucial rental information to be able to create a new rental in Lodgify.
💡 Note: Airbnb only allows one property management app to be connected to your Airbnb account. So if your Airbnb account is already connected to another channel manager or another Lodgify account, you would need to remove any access of the other property management app to your Airbnb account in order to be able to connect to Lodgify. To see if you already have an app connected go here.
How to import a rental into Lodgify
If you want to import a rental from Airbnb into Lodgify you need to follow the steps described below, or watch this video:
- Go to your Main Menu, in the top left corner, and select Rentals.
- Click Create rental and select Yes, Import from Airbnb.
- The next step depends on if you are already signed into your Airbnb account in your browser window, or if you already have an Airbnb account connected to Lodgify.
If... Then... you are not signed in to your Airbnb account in your browser... a new pop-up window will open up where you need to log into your Airbnb account. you are already signed in to your Airbnb account in your browser... a new pop-up window will appear where you need to allow the connection between Lodgify and Airbnb. you already have an Airbnb account connected to Lodgify... you will be automatically redirected to step #5.
- Once the connection has been established successfully, you will see these notifications:
- Now you can search for your rentals and select the ones you want to import. Then click Import rentals.
💡 Note: In case you have more than one Airbnb account, you can click Add more, to connect another Airbnb account with Lodgify, and you will then see all rentals from all connected accounts.
- Now the selected rentals will start importing. This can take a couple of minutes, so please be patient and don't close the browser window. Once the import is finished there are different outcome options:
If... then... a rental was imported successfully... you will see the name of the rental with a green tick next to it. a rental was imported but with warnings... you will see the name of the rental but with a warning sign ⚠. You can open the accordion which will list the data that failed to import or might not have been imported correctly. a rental could not be imported... you will see the name of the rental with a red exclamation mark. If you open the accordion you will see an error message that the rental was not imported. In this case, you can try to repeat the import. If the error persists you will need to create the rental manually.
- You can now decide to do the following:
- Import more rentals in case your Airbnb account(s) have more rentals to import.
- Create a rental manually (if Airbnb has no more rentals to import).
- Access your rentals to review the imported information and complete any additional settings. For more details see below which information will be imported.
- In case this is the first time you are adding rentals, go to the website builder, so you can start creating your website.
Which information will be imported
When importing a rental from Airbnb into Lodgify, only certain information will be imported. Additional settings such as room types or minimum stay will need to be set up directly in Lodgify. Find out which information will be imported.
💡 Note: Please be sure to always revise and adjust the imported information.
|Rental Name||✔️||This information will be imported in all languages that you have configured in Airbnb.|
|Rental Headline||✔️||As this is information does not exist in Airbnb, we take the first 120 characters of the rental description, so please be sure to revise.|
This information is taken from the following areas in Airbnb:
|Photos||✔️||The photos will be imported with their captions/titles|
Only the currency and the default nightly rate will be imported as well as the extra charge for additional guests.
💡 Note: All other rates and additional rate settings such as Policies need to be set up in your Rates section and Season rates directly.
|Weekly/Monthly discounts||❌||You need to set these up in your Rates section and Season rates directly.|
|Your house rules||❌||You need to upload a rental agreement in your Booking Settings.|
|Minimum stay per day of the week||✔️|
|Maximum stay||❌||This setting is not available in Lodgify.|
|Arrival time||❌||This setting is not available in Lodgify.|
|Booking window||✔️||The maximum time span of how far in advance you allow your guests to book.|
|Advance notice||✔️||How far in advance your guests must make a booking so you have enough time to prepare everything.|
|Room types or number of units||❌||You need to set this up in your Overview section.|
|Unavailable/blocked periods in your Calendar||✔️||Only periods set as blocked by yourself in Airbnb will be imported as unavailable into Lodgify.
💡 Note: Periods that are unavailable in Airbnb because of set rules or bookings from external calendars, will not be imported as unavailable into Lodgify.
|Nighly calendar override||❌|