With a Paypal business account, you can accept Paypal- as well as credit card payments, and can therefore partly automate your processes in the reservation system.
Before connecting to Paypal, please check the following:
- You must have an existing merchant account to connect to Lodgify.
- Guests who want to pay with Paypal will also need a Paypal account.
- In some countries, Paypal might not be available. Check out the full list.
- Review the commissions for receiving payments through Paypal.
To connect to Paypal:
- Go to Menu and select General Settings.
- In the left navigation panel click Payments.
- Activate Paypal and fill in the email address of your Paypal account and Save. If you don't have a Paypal Account yet, Sign up for free.
💡 Note: With Paypal, it is not possible to schedule automatic subsequent payments or make automatic refunds, this is only possible if you accept credit card payments.
Once the connection is set up you should go into your Paypal account and set up the following, in order to receive payment notifications in your reservation system:
- Log into your Paypal business account at www.paypal.com.
- Click the profile icon on the top right side of the page. From the Business Profile menu, select Profile and Settings, then select My selling tools.
- Click the Update link in the Instant payment notifications row, in the Getting paid and managing my risk section.
- Click Choose IPN Settings, and fill in the following URL: https://www.lodgify.com/paypal/ipn
- Then click Receive IPN messages (Enabled), and save.