Promotions can help you to create special offers for certain periods or give a discount to certain guests by using a promotion code. Promotions can be used in a variety of different ways. Find out how to create one and how they are applied.
Create a promotion
- Go to your Main Menu in the top left corner and select My rentals.
- Select the rental that you want to create the promotion for and select Promotions & Addons.
- Click Assign a promotion.
- A slide-in window will appear where you can create a new promotion by clicking Create a promotion or you can select to apply one of your existing promotions to this particular rental.
- If you decide to Create a promotion you will need to fill in the details and conditions of your promotion.
- You can also add some additional restrictions so that the promotion only applies for last minute or early bird bookings etc.
- Once saved you will always be able to edit the discount code by clicking on the pen image next to the promotion name.
- You can apply the same promotion for all your room/rental types or restrict it only to certain ones by clicking on the little pencil icon.
- If you want to use the same promotion for a different rental, you can decide to discount the same amount for all your rentals, by switching on the Use default button. If you prefer to apply a different amount, switch the button off and configure the discount manually for the new rental.
- Let your customers know about the special offer by adding a Promotion Widget on your homepage. Read more.
How a guest can apply a discount code
If the promotion has a discount code, your guests will be able to fill it in at check-out at the bottom of the booking summary on the right.
The reduced amount will be shown in the booking summary, no matter if the promotion applies automatically without a code in case certain conditions are met, or once the code is applied.
💡 Note: If you are adding a reservation manually, you cannot apply the promotion through a promotion code but will need to apply a discount of the room rate or any other fee.