Policies define the terms of payment schedules, cancellations, and damage deposits. You can create as many policies as you like and then associate them with your rentals. Note that if you have the legacy feature of room types, with several rental/room types in the same rental, all rental types will need to have the same policy.
Create a booking policy
To create a new policy, do the following:
- Go to your Main Menu in the top left corner and select Settings.
- From the left menu bar select Policies and in the top right corner click the green button Create Policy.
- A slider will appear where you can create your policy:
- Give your policy a name, e.g. 10% Prepayment - No security deposit. 💡 Note: This name will only be visible to yourself, not the guest.
- In Payment Schedule: Choose the number of installments and decide when you want to collect them. Find out how to set up your Payment Schedule.
- In Guest Cancellation: Choose the cancellation policy.
If you choose... ...then Fully refundable All prepayments are fully refundable to your guests in case they cancel the booking. Partially refundable You must add at least one rule. Click Add Rule and then choose:
- What amount: decide if you want to refund in case of cancellations, a percentage of all prepayments or a flat amount. The flat amount uses the currency you selected.
- When: how long before arrival your guests can cancel their booking in order to get a refund.
Non-refundableAll prepayments are non-refundable to your guests in case they cancel the booking.
- In Damage protection: Choose whether to activate the policy or not. If you activate it, you should define if you want to collect the deposit manually or via a pre-authorization of the credit card (Premium Feature). Then specify a percentage of the total booking value or a flat amount and define when to charge and release the deposit payment.
💡 Note: Pre-authorizations can only be guaranteed for a max. of 7 days. For longer bookings, you will receive a reminder to extend the pre-authorization before the money will be released.
- In Quote Expiry: Select the time for how long the quote will be valid. You can choose between 1 hour and 720 hours (=30 days). If the guest has not confirmed the booking after that time, the quote will expire.
💡 Note: Your guests will receive a complete breakdown of your policy with their booking confirmation email.
💡 Note: Once you have created your policy, you need to associate it with your rental.
Associate a booking policy to your rental
To associate a previously created booking policy to one of your rentals, do the following:
- Go to your Main Menu in the top left corner and select Rentals.
- Select the rental that you want to edit and select Rates.
- Scroll down to the section Policies, click the pencil icon, and select Assign new policy.
- A slider will open up where you can select a new policy to assign to the rental. Then click Save.
💡 Note: Currently you can only associate one policy per rental which applies to all Rates and Room types.
Find policies on your website
Your policies appear in several different places on your website or during the booking process in order to make your guest aware of the payment schedule and cancellation policies.
|Rates page||On the Rates page of your website, scroll down to Policies.
|Check-out page||In step 3 of the check-out, the payment schedule and will appear in the booking summary on the right.
💡 Note: The payment schedule and cancellation policies only appear at checkout if you have a payment method configured.
|Booking confirmation email||Once your guest has made the booking or requests to book he will also receive a confirmation email that contains all the details as well as policies.
💡 Note: The payment schedule and cancellation policies only appear in the email if you have a payment method configured.