The Credit Card Inspector app allows you to view your guest's credit card details and carry out a charge or pre-authorization outside Lodgify. This feature will allow you to securely view the credit card number and the CVV code so you can charge your guests using your own Point of Sale (POS) terminal.
💡 Note: This functionality was created in compliance with PCI and DSS standards, the two most respected standards that dictate how the payment card industry can securely process sensitive data.
There are several benefits of the Credit Card Inspector App:
- Charge your guests/bookings outside Lodgify, through your own POS terminal.
- Authorize and charge damage deposits from your own POS terminal.
- Authorize and verify guest credit card information as a guarantee on your own POS terminal.
This feature can be used with the following channels and payment gateways in Lodgify:
💡 Note: This feature cannot be used for bookings made through Airbnb.
Activate the Credit Card Inspector app
To activate the Credit Card Inspector app, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu and select Apps.
- Select Credit Card Inspector and click Activate.
- Click Approve charge to approve the monthly fee. The system will charge the credit card saved in your billing details, the same credit card you entered for your Lodgify subscription. A different credit card may also be added.
💡 Note: The fee is charged depending on your subscription type. In case you have an annual/bi-annual subscription, the monthly fee of $99 will be charged automatically for the remaining months of your subscription. Once your subscription renews you will be charged automatically for the full Credit Card Inspector fee for the next year/2 years in addition to your base subscription.
Using Credit Card Inspector in your account
To use the Credit Card Inspector in a booking, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu and select Reservations.
- Select the guest reservation, locate the Guest box and click View.
- When asked if you wish to be shown the card details, select Confirm.
- A pop-up window will request an activation code. The activation code will be sent automatically to your Lodgify account email.
- Copy the code into the activation field and click Activate Device to authorize this device to access credit card information in Lodgify.
💡 Note: For the next attempts of viewing credit card details, authorizing the device will not be needed. You can use this function up to 3 times per card.