This integration allows you to connect your HomeAway/VRBO rentals to your Lodgify rentals. Once the connection has been completed, you will be able to keep your calendar up to date by importing reservations and synchronizing availability. Your rates will be exported from Lodgify to HomeAway/VRBO and you will also be able to export all your Lodgify rentals to HomeAway/VRBO. Reservations will be charged directly through Lodgify, using our credit card gateways.
Requirements to connect to HomeAway/VRBO
Please note that in order to be able to connect with HomeAway/VRBO, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You need to have at least 5 rentals in Lodgify and they all need to be associated to your website.
- You need to have a Credit Card payment gateway active in Lodgify as all reservations will be charged via Lodgify. You can use Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.net or Payyo. Learn how to activate a credit card payment gateway in Lodgify.
- Existing reservations or closed periods cannot be imported from HomeAway/VRBO into Lodgify, so they will need to be created manually in Lodgify to avoid double bookings.
- You need to use the currency of the master brand of HomeAway/VRBO (AUD, BRL, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, NZD, USD) and you need to have the same currency in Lodgify. to edit your currency in Lodgify you can do so in the rental's Rates section.
Please note that there are also content requirements for your Lodgify listings in order to be able to connect them with HomeAway/VRBO:
- Your rental must have a name.
- The headline must be between 20 and 80 characters long.
- The description must be between 400 and 10,000 characters long.
- Your rental must have an accurate address and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Your rental needs to have between 6 and 50 high-quality photos, with a minimum size of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- You must have at least 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom photo.
- Your rental must have a Rental Agreement at least in the language of the rental’s location.
- You must have a Registration Number if it is required by the local jurisdiction. Fill in your registration number in your rentals' Advanced Settings.
Connect Lodgify to HomeAway/VRBO
If you already meet the above requirements for this connection, please write an email to email@example.com indicating:
- Which of your Lodgify rentals you wish to map with HomeAway/VRBO (remember the minimum requirement is 5 rentals).
- Which cancellation policy to use in HomeAway/VRBO (not in Lodgify). Please choose between one of the 5 cancellation policies allowed in HomeAway/VRBO: No Refund, Strict, Firm, Moderate or Relaxed. Here, you can find information about the different cancellation policies.
💡 Note: Please note that you won’t be able to edit the cancellation policy from your side, only Lodgify agents can edit it upon request.
- How payments should be scheduled in HomeAway/VRBO.
Learn how to set up your payment schedule.
- Enter your Merchant Name in your Credit Card Payment Gateway in Lodgify. To do so, go to your Payment Settings section in Lodgify. Click on the little pencil icon and add the Merchant Name in the corresponding field, then click Save. 💡 Important: You can use a max. of 25 characters
If you have a company - your Merchant Name is the company name.
If you don't have a company - your Merchant Name is the first name + last name of the person in charge of the account. This must match the Billing Contact information in your Lodgify account.
- Once we receive your email, we will be able to start the mapping for you. We will send you an email to confirm the mapping has been done from our side. This will include a form with which you can finalize the connection with the HomeAway/VRBO team.
💡 Note: You will then be contacted by the HomeAway/VRBO commercial and implementation team within 72 hours to finalize the connection.
Find details on the information that will be synchronized between Lodgify and HomeAway/VRBO regarding rental details, rates, availability, and reservations.
|The rental details||Export||Notes|
|Number of guests||✔️|
|Location (+longitude and latitude)||✔️|
|Photos||✔️||You need to have between 6-50 photos.|
|Rental Agreement||✔️||You need to have a rental agreement at least in the language of where rental is located.|
If required by the local jurisdiction.
Rates, availability & restrictions
|Bookability||❌||In HomeAway/VRBO it is a requirement to accept instant bookings. For Lodgify, you can choose your bookability settings.|
|Policies - payment schedule||
|Policies - cancellation policy||✔️|
|Policies - damage deposit||❌||The damage deposit currently needs to be managed externally. It may be possible to handle the deposit for HomeAway/VRBO reservations through Lodgify in the future.|
|Currency||✔️||You need to use the currency of the master brand of HomeAway/VRBO (USD, CAD, EUR or GBP) and you need to have the same currency in Lodgify.|
|Daily, weekly, monthly price||✔️|
|Extra charge per guest||✔️||
💡 Note: Lodgify cannot send more than 10 different prices for one booking, so for bookings with many guests, there is a limit for the extra charge.
For example: You charge 100€ per night and 10€ extra per guest after the 2nd guest but have a booking for 13 pax. No price incrementation will be applied for guests 12-13.
|Minimum Stay||✔️||The minimum stay is exported for both your Default Rate and Season Rates.|
|Fees and taxes||✔️|
Only promotions that do not use a promotion code are synced with HomeAway.
💡 Note: If you have several active promotions without a promotion code, that are applicable for a specific booking, they will all be applied.
|Check-in / check-out time + days||✔️||Check-in/check-out days and times are exported from Lodgify. If you have not set check-in /check-out times in Lodgify, we will send 11 am for check-out and 2 pm for check-in.|
|Booking window||✔️||The Booking window defines how much time in advance a guest can make a booking, e.g. max. 365 days in advance.
💡 Note: This information is configured in your Rental's Booking Settings.
These settings are not exported from Lodgify.
|Extra charge for short stays|
|Pro-rated best price|
|Give guest best price|
The following reservation details will be imported from HomeAway/VRBO to Lodgify.
|Existing reservations||❌||Existing reservations need to be manually created in Lodgify.|
|Credit card details||✔️||Credit card details are imported for charging the guest in Lodgify, but those details are not visible to you in your account.|
|Changes in reservations||✔️||All changes to HomeAway/VRBO need to be done in Lodgify.|
|Existing & new messages||✔️||
Once the booking is confirmed in Lodgify, the system will send an automatic message two days before, and two days after arrival, as well as automatic emails about payments.
Any direct conversation with the guest will need to be handled inside HomeAway/VRBO.
|Payments||✔️||Payment is taken in Lodgify according to your payment schedule in Lodgify.|
Frequently Asked Questions
How frequently does Lodgify update my rates and availability information in HomeAway/VRBO?
Rates and availabilities are synced every hour. For content, HomeAway/VRBO requests an update from Lodgify once per day.
How can I charge guests of HomeAway/VRBO reservations in Lodgify?
The guest's credit card is automatically charged according to your payment schedule in Lodgify.
Learn about setting up your payment schedule.
How can I make changes to HomeAway/VRBO reservations?
HomeAway/VRBO reservations can only be edited, charged and deleted in Lodgify. New quotes need to be created in Lodgify and not in HomeAway/VRBO.
Learn how to edit a booking.
Where can I find my Merchant Name?
For Payyo, you can check your Merchant Name in your Account Menu. Select My Account and go to your Billing Contact details. If you have a Company Name, this would also be your Merchant Name. If you do not have a Company Name, your Merchant Name is your first name and last name.