Lodgify Payments is Lodgify's recommended gateway solution. It was created to make it easier for your guests to make payments and to ease your payment management process, while also trying to offer you more competitive fees. With Lodgify Payments, you can manage all your transactions, refunds and payouts directly from Lodgify and it is available worldwide. In the following, you will find out how to set up the connection and get further details about conditions.
What are the benefits of Lodgify Payments?
Lodgify Payments is a gateway solution built by vacation rental business owners for vacation rental business owners. See below the benefits of this:
- Very low credit card rates and no transaction fees
- Accept Visa/MasterCard/Amex payments directly on your website
- Allow your guests to pay in their own currency
- Receive scheduled payments according to the policy you define
- Manage your entire payment operation directly from Lodgify
- Process payments from Booking.com bookings
- You can offer Lodgify Payments to your guests in addition to Paypal
We will be constantly working on adding payment related features for you. This includes, for example, the option to soon have the ability to handle deposit payments more efficiently.
Activate Lodgify Payments
To activate Lodgify Payments and start receiving online transactions immediately, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu and select General Settings.
- In the left navigation panel click Payments.
- Activate credit card payments.
- A slide in window appears where you select Lodgify Payments and click Continue.
- In the next screen, you will see the basic conditions (for more details check the conditions below), click Activate Lodgify Payments.
- Now fill in the missing information such as bank details etc. and click Continue.
💡 Note: If you don't have an IBAN number, please fill in your Bank Account number in the required field.
💡 Note: To update the pre-filled information you need to make changes in your Account section.
- Carefully read and approve the fees and payout terms set for your account (for more details and explanations check the conditions below), agree with Lodgify's and Payyo's terms of service and click Continue.
The basic registration is now completed and you can already receive online payments through your website.
To verify your identity and activate payouts, follow these steps:
- Once you have activated Lodgify Payments, a yellow warning message will appear in your activated credit card section. Click Verify Identity to finish the process and be able to receive payouts.
💡 Note: You will also receive an email reminder about the identity verification process.
- As Lodgify Payments is powered by Lodgify's partner Payyo, you will be redirected to Payyo's website for the identity verification process. Sign the Terms and Conditions and then provide owner/company and business information.
After the validation, Payyo will set your account as approved. In case they need further documentation, they will contact you directly. Once all is approved you will be allowed to begin to receive payouts. The identity verification process may take between 3-5 working days.
Update your Lodgify Payments account details
If after the activation of Lodgify Payments you want to change your bank account details, you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to Menu and select General Settings.
- In the left navigation panel click Payments.
- In credit card payments click on the little pencil icon next to Lodgify Payments.
- A slide in window appears. Scroll to the bottom and click on Lodgify Payments account details.
- Change your bank details and click Continue. Then Save.
Lodgify Payments rates
Lodgify Payments offers competitive rates designed specifically for Lodgify users and has 0% transaction fee. Credit card rates are defined according to the user/merchant country. You can check the rates for domestic and international transactions for your country in this list of transaction rates.
> Transactions will be considered domestic only if they happen within the boundaries of the same country.
Germany/Germany -> domestic
Germany/France -> international
Germany/Canada -> international
💡 Note: The rates mentioned are open to changes. If you cannot find a rate for your country in the list, please contact us and we will provide it.
Your payout will be automatically deposited into your bank account according to the conditions mentioned below. The conditions for payouts differ between SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) and Non-SEPA countries.
Please note that whether the reservation is in the following week or six months away, by default the payments are withheld until 24 hours after check-in before they become available for payout.
Customers can request accelerated payouts - with accelerated payouts you will receive you payments on a weekly/monthly basis, independent of the check-in date of your guests. For further details please view the accelerated payouts section.
Once payouts are shipped to your bank account, the payout statements will also be sent to the registered email.
|Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom||
ALL OTHER COUNTRIES (AND NON-EURO)
No payout fees are charged
💡 Note: The Payout Fee of $5,00 is waived as long as your transactions are processed in Euros.
- Your bank account registered must be in Euros
A $5,00 fee is charged for each payout
Payouts will take place weekly, so the funds available (with a check-in date of the previous week) will be transferred to your bank account once a week (on Monday).
Example: All funds from week 1 will be transferred on Monday of week 2.
Payouts will take place monthly, so the funds available (with a check-in date of the previous month) will be transferred to your bank account once a month (on the 1st day of the month).
Example: All funds from January will be transferred on February 1st.
|There is no minimum payout||
The minimum payouts are set by default to $1000,00 (USD).
💡 Note: Minimum payouts can be decreased upon request to as low as $200 (USD). The $5,00 fee will still apply for each payout. If you are interested, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
💡 Note: Your bank may charge fees for receiving payouts which we are not aware of and which are outside of our control.
With accelerated payouts, merchants can enjoy better payout conditions once approved to do so. This means that you'll be able to always receive your money on a weekly/monthly basis, independent of the check-in date of your guests. To be able to apply to accelerated payouts customers must:
1 - Have already complete the identity verification process (Click in "Verify Identity" in Menu > General Settings > Payments. This stage must be completed by all Lodgify Payments users, independent if they are applying for accelerated payouts or not).
2 - Provide necessary documentation/information for additional risk assessment. Please contact our support team for further details on which documents are required.
With Lodgify Payments, users have no cost of currency conversion. Unlike other gateways, Lodgify Payments does not charge their merchants for currency conversion. Instead, the conversion cost is calculated in the moment of the booking, and passed on to your guest. Guests can decide in which currency they prefer to pay: Their currency or your currency. In case both currencies are the same, the option won’t be displayed.
|Is it possible to schedule subsequent payments with Lodgify Payments?||Yes. Just follow the steps in Use case 1 of this article.|
|Is it possible to schedule automatic refunds?||Not yet. In case of cancellation, the amount to be refunded will be calculated automatically according to the settings in your cancellation policy but the money will NOT be refunded automatically. You will need to enter the canceled booking and click Issue Refund. For more details see this article.|
Do you need to have a specific bookability setting (Instant booking, booking request, inquiry only) to use Lodgify Payments?
No, Lodgify Payments is available for all bookability settings.
Will I be able to handle transactions for Booking.com bookings directly in Lodgify?
|How does a chargeback work?||
In case of a chargeback, you will be contacted by our Partner company Payyo who will be handling the chargeback/dispute process.
|With whom do I sign the contract?||
|How will your user data be processed?||
For creating a merchant account in Lodgify Payments/Payyo, the following data is shared with Payyo:
|What are the supported currencies for payout?||
AED, AUD, BHD, BSD, CAD, CHF, CZK, CNY, DKK, EUR, FJD, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, KWD, MAD, MXN, NOK, NZD, OMR, PHP, PLN, QAR, RON, RUB, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TND, TRY, USD, ZAR.
|Which documents will serve as proof of address?||
💡 Note: These documents are accepted in the following languages only: Spanish, English and German.
Access your transaction and payout report
To see all transactions and payouts from Lodgify Payments, you will see a specific reports section in your Menu once Lodgify Payments has been activated.
To access your reports:
- Go to Menu and select Reports.
- Select Lodgify Payments Reports in order to get an overview of your transactions and payouts from Lodgify Payments.
- Click Transactions to see a list of all your transactions. Select a specific transaction to see its details.
- Click Payouts to see a list of all your Payouts.