If you have multiple rentals and would like to point out a specific type of rental on your website you can manually create a separate category. For example, you have some rentals that you offer apart from short stays also for long-term stays and would like to have a separate category called Long term rentals.
💡 Note: This option does not apply to the new 2.0 templates, such as Livingstone 2.0, Tideway 2.0, Brooklyn 2.0, and Capucine 2.0.
To create the separate category Long term rentals follow these steps:
- Go to your Main Menu in the top left corner and select Websites.
- In the Pages tab, go to Main Navigation. Then drag-and-drop All properties into the Not Linked section.
- Go to the page settings of the All properties page and copy the Site URL.
- In Main Navigation click +Add and select Link. In Link Text, fill in the name of the page All Properties, and in URL add the Site URL you copied before from All properties (you now have a link to the All properties page in your main navigation where you can create a subcategory).
- Now repeat the step in Main Navigation, click +Add, and select Link. In Link Text fill in the name of the subcategory you want to create, i.e. Long term rentals. In URL add the Site URL from All properties and add ?pids= as well as the Rental IDs that you want to add to this specific category at the end of the URL.
💡 Note: You can find the Rental IDs in the Rentals section. This is how the URL could look like in the end: https://barcelona-living.lodgify.com/en/943143/all-properties?pids=201719,206366
- Once you have created the category Long term rentals you can drag and drop it into the main category All properties. Learn how to create custom pages and reorder the website menu.
💡 Note: The rentals saved in the specific subcategory will still always appear in the All properties page and search results.