⚠ The below guide does not apply to our new 2.0 templates, since they don't have a homepage slideshow. Find out more about your pictures in our new templates here.
Photos represent your business card when guests land on your website. Our templates are built to showcase your rentals thanks to big background photos, picture galleries, and slideshows. Learn more about picture sizes, how to upload and order your photos in the rental gallery, and how to set up your homepage slideshow or background picture.
💡 Note: To find out how to upload a picture in an image widget, take a look at our Widget article.
You can upload photos once you have created a rental on your website.
Homepage slideshow photos
- Go to your Main Menu in the top left corner and select Website builder.
- In the Pages tab, go to Main Navigation Home, and click on the Theme widget.
- A pop-up window appears. Click Upload images to import your photos.
- Once they are uploaded, click on a picture to edit the photo caption.
💡 Note: Use short tail keywords (it will help to enhance your SEO) for each photo.
- In Slideshow Headline, add a description that will appear on the homepage slideshow.
- Rental slideshow photos
- Go to your Main Menu in the top left corner and select Rentals.
- Select the rental that you want to edit and select Photos
- Upload pictures of your rental by clicking either Add Photos or drag & drop them into the photo frame.
💡 Note: If you have multiple room types (legacy feature), you will see one album for the General Gallery and one for each Rental Type.
Use the General Gallery to upload photos that are common to the entire rental.
Use the Rental Type Galleries to upload photos belonging to each of the apartments or rooms within the rental.
💡 Note: Add short tail keywords (descriptions that help enhance your SEO) for each picture. If the name of the image is too long, it might inhibit the upload.
- Now drag & drop your photos to reorder them. To delete them, use the bin icon in the top right corner of the picture.
Photo file size
The guidelines below will help you to choose the ideal picture size for your template.
- Your photos may have a different size than below. If you decide to resize them, remember to keep the height and width ratio to avoid your pictures to stretch.
- File size matters. We recommend using a maximum of 400KB per photo. For big background pictures, you can go up to 1MB.
💡 Note: Usually .jpgs have smaller file sizes than .pngs. To compress your photos to smaller file sizes but maintain the quality, you can use free online tools such as Compress JPEG.
|Ideal size in pixels
|1366 X 900
|1170 X 1024
Homepage background image
|1366 X 900
|Homepage background image
|1366 X 900
|960 X 540
|880 X 540
💡 Note: Your photos may adjust to fit the templates' frame, and this may happen especially when seeing your website on a mobile device. Some of the details on the borders may get hidden.