The Google Search Console allows you to monitor and maintain your website's presence and optimizes its performance in the Google search listings.
💡 Note: If your domain is contracted via Lodgify, you must use the HTML Tag option for verification as described below, please do not use the TXT option. If your domain is not hosted by Lodgify, you can as well consider using one of the other options provided by Google.
To verify your website's ownership you must first get an HTML verification code from Google. To get the code, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Search Console and sign in to your Google account.
- Select to add a property and choose the option URL prefix. Now enter your domain name and click continue.
💡 Note: In some cases, if you have already activated Google Analytics tracking on your website, your website might get verified automatically already after this step. Otherwise, continue as described below.
- A new page opens up. Scroll down to Other verification methods and click HTML tag. Now copy the Meta Tag provided by Google and then go to your Lodgify account.
- In Lodgify, go to your Main Menu in the top left corner and select Websites.
- In the Settings tab, select Advanced, and paste the Google Meta Tag into the Header-Custom HTML section.
- Scroll down the page and click Save. Then publish your website.
- Once that's done, go back to the Google Search Console and click Verify. Your website should now be successfully verified.
💡 Note: Once your website was successfully verified in Google Search Console, submit your sitemap to Google.