The Google Search Console allows you to monitor and maintain your website's presence and optimizes its performance in the Google search listings.
To verify your website's ownership you must first get an HTML verification code from Google. To get the code, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Search Console and sign into your Google account.
- Fill in the domain of your website that you want to verify (make sure you select to verify a website), and then click Add a property.
- A new page opens up. Select Alternate Methods and choose HTML Tag as the verification method.
- Copy the Meta Tag provided by Google and then go to your Lodgify website.
- In Lodgify, go to Menu and select My Website.
- Choose the website you want to verify, click Edit and select Settings.
- Select the tab Advanced and paste the Google Meta Tag into the Header-Custom HTML section.
- Scroll down the page and click Save. Then publish your website.
- Once that's done, go back to the Google Search Console and click Verify.
Your website should now be successfully verified.
💡 Note: Once your website was successfully verified in Google Search Console, submit your sitemap to Google.